There are usually two types of luminous skirts available.
The first method for creating a luminous skirt consists of making a plain skirt from woven fabric or mesh, and then adding light-emitting diodes to the inner layer.
Light can pass through the inner layer of the skirt once the diodes have been energized. This kind of luminous skirt has a relatively rough finish, and it is somewhat uncomfortable to wear.
Also, the light is emitted directly from the diode. There is no sense of high quality to the product, and it is used primarily for certain purposes such as performances.
The second type of skirt is made from special fiber fabric, coupled with LED through bundles of optical fibers, emitting light.
Luminous skirts that guide light through optical fibers are comfortable to wear and the light they emit is uniform, beautiful, stunning and very high-end looking.
It is a technology and fashion product popular with people, used for various occasions such as daily wear, Halloween or Christmas costume party, theme party, birthday party, masquerade, carnival, KTV, etc.
Next, I’ll show you how to make luminous fiber skirts:
1. We need to first design the approximate shape and style of the skirt that we will make, and then draw a picture of it. To make a drawing, we should find someone who can design it, and then enlist their help.
2. The second step is to buy raw materials. It’s better to purchase raw materials that are common. I will not elaborate here. To learn how to buy fiber optic fabrics, check out my previous blog (How to Buy Fiber Optic Fabric).
3. The third step is to prepare the tools: scissors, sewing machine, ruler, etc.
4. Fourth step: The paper pattern needs to be drawn on the textured surface/surface accessories in accordance with the extracted paper pattern, and then cut. Cuts can be made arbitrarily in other fabric accessories.
Fabric cutting is a crucial step here. A detailed explanation of this topic was included in my previous blog post, and will not be reiterated here. If you are not sure how, go to this page to learn more: http://www.lumisonata.com/The_Cutting_Process_for_Fiber_Optic_Fabrics.html
5. We need to sew the textured surface/surface accessories according to the drawings after cutting them. This process is vitally important. During the sewing process, the optical fiber cannot be damaged or its light guiding properties cannot be compromised.
Here are some details:
A. Adjustment of the machine:
1) In order to sew fiber optic fabric, the sewing machine’s pressure angle should be set to the lightest setting. And, to prevent wear and pressing, the pressure angle and gears on the sewing machine should be replaced with plastic.
Fabrics consisting of broken fibers will, in normal circumstances, be scrapped if two parts of the sewing machine are not adjusted.
2) Sewing needles, in general, use small stitches. So, smaller needle spacing should be used, as well as a slower sewing speed. This is also done to pierce the fiber in the fiber fabric with the needle tip of the sewing machine.
B. If it is the first time processing this kind of fiber optic fabric, you can activate the fiber optic fabric controller to make the fabric luminous. Sewing with luminous fabric allows you to observe the light guiding the fabric.
If the light is not guided, the fabric fibers have been crushed by the sewing machine. If you are skilled in sewing this kind of fiber optic fabric, you should not connect the LED light first; rather, you should connect the LED light after you have completed the sewing so that the fabric can be easily stacked, and the LED light bar doesn’t move.
Efficiencies in production are improved by the mixing staff’s production actions.
C. After sewing, do not iron with a high-temperature iron. Many times, the finished product has a good luminous effect, but if it is accidentally ironed, it will lose its light guide and become useless.
Note: plastic optical fiber will be scrapped at temperatures above 85 degrees Celsius.
6. Upon sewing the skirt according to the design pattern, we can try it on to see if there are any problems with the skirt, such as the size and the luminous effect of the fabric.
7. Once you’ve checked that everything is fine, you can wear it and make your friends jealous! In darkened indoor areas, the mobile app allows you to change the skirt’s color and glow instantly. This is sure to enchant your friends!
8. In the event that there are any difficulties with making luminous skirts, you can contact LUMISONATA. Our team will work with you to resolve the problem efficiently as soon as possible.